What’s the first thought that pops into your head when you hear The Olive Garden? Bread sticks? Pasta bowls? I have to admit that it’s been over 15 years since I last visited the Times Square Olive Garden location. That’s why I’m so excited to share with you my recent experience at the Olive Garden’s Tasting Table. I have to say that the food and staff made my dining experience a pleasure and I enjoyed the family style meals. With that being said:
Earlier this year, Olive Garden unveiled the most significant menu evolution in the restaurant’s history,
including more than 20 new menu items that broaden the choice, variety and value it offers guests,
prepared with new cooking techniques that accentuate new flavors. Olive Garden’s new menu is
designed to appeal to the evolving palettes and preferences of casual dining guests, while providing
guests with more options to customize their meal experience at both lunch and dinner.
• Risotto Bites (“Small Plates”) – Bite-sized blend of Italian cheeses and rice, lightly fried and
served in marinara sauce.
• Polenta Shrimp alla Greca (“Small Plates”) – Sautéed shrimp served on creamy polenta and
topped with a fresh blend of olives, capers and tomato sauce.
• Spicy Calabrian Wings (appetizer) – Chicken wings tossed with garlic and chili peppers from the
Italian region of Calabria, served with gorgonzola dipping sauce. Available for a limited time.
• Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad Topper – Fresh mozzarella bites, roasted tomato, bell pepper,
basil, kale and an extra-virgin olive oil drizzle.
• Smashed Chicken Meatball Sandwich – Smashed chicken meatballs with roasted bell peppers
and mozzarella on a focaccia bun.
• Bucatini with Spicy Three Meat Sauce and Meatballs – Served as part of Never Ending Pasta
Bowl. Starting Sept. 22 through Nov. 9, guests can enjoy a variety of more than 150 pasta
combinations, plus homemade soup or garden fresh salad and fresh baked garlic breadsticks –
all unlimited and starting at just $9.99. Learn more and see additional combinations here.
• Chicken Abruzzi (Olive Garden Specialty, Lighter Italian Fare [under 575 calories]) – Grilled
chicken breast in a savory broth simmered with cannellini beans, kale and garden vegetables.
• Grilled Chicken with Butternut Squash Alfredo Fettuccine – Grilled chicken breasts served on
a bed of fettuccine tossed with creamy roasted butternut squash alfredo and fresh spinach.
Available as part of the fall menu and for a limited time only.
• Pappardelle Pescatore (Olive Garden Specialty) – Sautéed shrimp, bay scallops and clams tossed
with pappardelle pasta, fresh asparagus and tomatoes in a creamy red pepper seafood sauce.
• Pumpkin Cheesecake – A seasonal favorite, this is a pumpkin cheesecake topped with whipped
cream, caramel sauce and ginger cookie crumbles. Available for a limited time only.
*Disclosure: I was invited as media to attend the tasting table event. As always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.