Mom Confession: Every morning my daughters and I head to Dunkin Donuts before the school drop off for our daily sugar fix. It’s pretty much National Donut Day everyday. Thank goodness for the Salvation Army for creating this day.
And for the fifth straight year, Entenmann’s Bakery is partnering with The Salvation Army to celebrate National Donut Day, Friday, June 5th. Join them for a fun-filled event at Madison Square Park with 40 THOUSAND FREE donuts and coffee for all, photo opportunities with Entenmann’s first Donut Mobile, Mr. Rich Frosted and Mrs. Crumb Donut, and much more. Festivities include:
- 6:30-7:00 am: Revealing the first Entenmann’s donut mobile the bakery has ever created. Entenmann’s worked with Themendous.com, the “King of Huge,” to make a donut mobile with the donut box as its chassis. Dimensions are 3 ft Long x 6 ft Wide x 30″ High. The Entenmann’s Donut Mobile was built on an actual car chassis and the donut, the iconic Rich Frosted Donut that sits atop the chassis, was hand sculpted from foam.
- 11:00 am: Press Conference: Presenting a $30,000 check to The Salvation Army as a result of Entenmann’s Facebook campaign. Over the course of the partnership, $130,000 has been raised to benefit the lives served by The Salvation Army.
WHEN: Friday, June 5, 7:00 am to 1:00 pm: free donuts & coffee (while supplies last)
WHERE: Madison Square Park (Southwest corner), 23rd Street between Broadway & Madison Avenue
INTERVIEW & PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES:
- Major Betts, General Secretary,The Salvation Army’s Greater NY Division
- Maureen Sticco, Director of Marketing, Entenmann’s Bakery
- Lorraine Hale, Category Director for Entenmann’s Donuts
- Kathleen Robbins, Entenmann’s Master Baker
- Entenmann’s First Donut Mobile along with its creator, Giovanni Calabrese, President of New Jersey-based Themendous.com
- The Salvation Army “Donut Lassies” handing out donuts in traditional uniforms, Mr. Rich Frosted and Mrs. Crumb Donut
Now, if you’re a New Yorker you know that it’s in our nature to try to score a great deal or a freebie of some sorts. So I’ve collected as many places that I could to get you Donut hopping!
1. Dunkin Donuts – will offer guests worldwide a free donut of their choice with the purchase of any beverage.
2. Krispy Kreme – will offer a FREE doughnut of any variety–including the world famous Original Glazed® doughnut.
3. Tim Horton – a Nutella® Fix with a “Free Donut” printable coupon valid at participating Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop restaurants.
Feeling like a baker? Grab your apron and get in 3 of my favorite Donut recipes found on Pinterest.
Old Fashioned Sour Cream Doughnuts. Yum!
Read more at Handletheheat.com
Vanilla Bean Doughnuts
Read more at cookingclassy.com
Smores Donuts! Oh my heaven!
Read more at bunsinmyoven.com