With Christmas just days away I’m reminded that the busiest time of the year is spent in the kitchen! I’m all for delicious holiday recipes that are going to save time and energy but I also want to make an impression on my friends and family without all the Christmas chaos.
And thanks to Momtrends, My Cooking Party and Wonderful Pistachios I’m going to show you a few recipes that I learned during our Bloggers Night Out in the kitchen, with some of the yummiest flavors that Fall and Winter have to offer like Sweet roasted potato wedges that get the holiday treatment with crunchy Wonderful Pistachios and Delicata butternut squash that are roasted together with warm spices and a bit of cayenne to heat things up. Pow!
(Our beautiful table and centerpieces featuring decorations by Minted. A great inspiration for your holiday gathering!)
The work station where I peeled these bad boys. Check out the recipe below.
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Wonderful Pistachios, Goat Cheese and Pomegranate Glaze
Sweet roasted potato wedges get the holiday treatment with crunchy Wonderful Pistachios, tangy goat cheese and a lovely pomegranate glaze.
Prep: 20 minutes / Time to Table: 45 minutes / Serves: 8 (about 4-5 wedges/person)
- 4 large sweet potatoes, well-scrubbed and cut into 1” thick wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ½ cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons POM Wonderful pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
2. Toss potato wedges with olive oil, salt and pepper, mixing thoroughly. Transfer the wedges to the baking sheets making sure they spaced evenly.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir wedges and rotate pans. Bake another 10 minutes until cooked through and caramelized. Remove from the oven.
4. Combine the honey and the POM Wonderful pomegranate juice. Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave and stir. Arrange the sweet potatoes on a platter and scatter the Wonderful Pistachios and goat cheese over them. Drizzle the pomegranate glaze over all. Serve!
Spicy Roasted Squash with Wonderful Pistachios
Delicata and butternut squash are roasted together with warm spices and a bit of cayenne to heat things up. Crunchy Wonderful Pistachios and maple syrup are just the right additions for texture and sweetness.
Garnished with pomegranate arils this dish is a celebration of flavors.
Prep: 18 minutes / Time to Table: 38 minutes / Serves: 8 (about 10 pieces of squash/person; about a cup/person)
- 1 ½ pounds butternut squash (4 ½ cups prepped)
- 2 ½ pounds delicata squash
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup POM Wonderful pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
2. Peel and seed butternut squash. Cut in half lengthwise and slice into ½ inch thick pieces. Cut in half again for quarters.
3. Cut delicata in half lengthwise and seed. Cut into ½ inch thick slices. Combine all the squash in a large mixing bowl.
4. Sprinkle the cinnamon, allspice, cayenne and salt over the squash. Mix thoroughly.
5. Melt the butter and stir into the olive oil. Drizzle over the spiced squash and mix thoroughly.
6. Transfer the squash to the baking sheets, arranging in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Stir and flip squash. Sprinkle with Wonderful Pistachios and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake another 5 to 7 minutes until pistachios are just toasted. Remove from the oven.
8. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle pomegranate arils over the squash. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Make this delicious Christmas dinner at home unforgettable with these simple recipes that you can prep ahead! so spread the holiday joy with a feast inspired by Wonderful Pistachios. Happy Holidays!
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. It may contain affiliate links. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are of my own