When it comes to my Mom Squad we’re always discussing our children, their education and of course, what’s trending! and when you’re a Mom blogger you pretty much have access to some of the industry’s hottest toys and games.
As a Mom of girls, I want to encourage my daughters to play with toys and games that are not only educational but that can foster their STEM skills and keep my them both engaged.
This is why I LOVE Meccano! The kids were delighted to work together as a team reading instructions and programming him. They enjoy shouting commands such as “Dance”, “Exercise”, “High Five” and “Tell Me a Joke”, it’s no wonder Meccano will quickly become a child’s best friend.
Meccano can twist, turn or move any way you want on command as well as walk with you by holding it’s hand. It contains 64 megabits of flash memory allowing it to learn movements and record sounds that play back.
The Meccanoid G15™ can be programmed in 3 innovative ways:
• Thanks to its Learned Intelligent Movement (LIM) technology, you can simply move its arms or speak to it and Meccanoid records what you’re doing and repeats it back to you!
• For more interactive fun, use the Motion Capture feature (powered by Extreme Reality) on the Meccanoid app for your smart device, available for free download. Place your smart device into Meccanoid’s chest, activate the Motion Capture feature and marvel as Meccanoid mirrors your every action!
• Or swipe the on-screen Ragdoll avatar to make Meccanoid twist, turn or move any way you want! With 6 motors to control its arms and feet, Meccanoid G15™ can show off some slick moves.
- Build and rebuild the robot into different designs with over 600 parts
- Fully operational android with six motors that control its arms, feet and head
- Meccabrain guides you through how to connect its motors
- Customizable voice recognition and intelligence
- Responds to pre-programmed voice commands or unlimited user-recorded voice commands
- Contains 64MB of flash memory, enabling it to learn movements and record sounds to play back
- Learned Intelligent Movement programming option to record and play back arm movements or have your own motions mirrored
- Large LED eyes that light up in over 500 colors
- Knows thousands of phrases, jokes and fun facts, asks questions, starts conversations, plays games and remembers names and birthdays
- Download the free MeccaNoid app and use the Ragdoll Avatar to control the robot’s movements straight from your smart device
- Mount your smartphone to its chest for motion capture
- Works with iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
- Requires four C batteries (not included)
- Compatible with classic Meccano parts
- Dimensions: 17.7″L x 14.9″W x 3.5″H
- 600 parts
- LED module
- Two hand tools
- Four servos
- Two rear wheel assemblies
- Two motor gearboxes
I can’t stress enough about the importance of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) toys for girls, especially with such a shortage of women in the computer science industry. I love that Meccano is inspiring our future engineers! to learn more about Meccano visit http://www.meccano.com/
*Disclosure: I received a Meccano for the purpose of a review. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed here are of my own.