It’s not often that the kids and I leave the big city in route to New Jersey but when we do it’s for the fun and excitement at Liberty Science Center. With only a 20 minute drive from Queens, the girls were excited for some Turtle Power!
Who would have thought that all of my favorite kid shows would be so popular years later? my favorite? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! These four funny “heroes in a half shell” Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, and Donatello share life lessons and team building skills with their crime-fighting tactics at the museum exhibit Secrets of the Sewer now through September 5.
Wear comfortable shoes because your children will not be wanting to go home anytime soon! this exhibit is awesome! you are transported to the underground home of the crime fighting heroes to see what really happens in their secret hideaway.
Here’s what to expect at the exhibit …
- Build a “bridge” together and think creatively as a team to overcome challenges.
- Assemble two electrical circuit puzzles by taking one apart to build another.
- Plan ahead and use patience to navigate the rope maze.
- Practice Ninja speed and slicing skills while playing a dexterity based computer game.
- Shred up and practice your balance on skateboards
- Create a sewer pipe together and see where it goes.
Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:Secrets of the Sewer will be at Liberty Science Center from May 28 through September 5, and is included with general admission tickets ($21.75 for adults, $18.75 for seniors 62+, and $17.75 for children ages 2-12). Member and children under 2 are free.
Follow Liberty Science Center of Social Media & use #LibertyScienceCenter
*Disclosure: This post was made possible thanks to our friends at Momtrends and Liberty Science Center. Visit full disclosure on Media Kit.