Hosting a kids birthday party can quickly add up to a small fortune! with a few tips and tricks, I was able to host my daughters birthday without breaking the bank. With the right tableware and a little DIY action, I was able to party big without making my wallet thin! Use these party hosting tips & tricks to maximize your budget without sacrificing on the fun!
1. Location: We all know the best parties are house parties! save money by throwing your kids party at home. If your space is too small ask a relative to use their space or meet up at your local neighborhood playground.
2. Activities: Kids love edible crafts! it’s a great way to let them show off their creative side and makes a great party favor to take home!
3. Cake: Your cake should always be the centerpiece of your party! and BJ’s is now offering a new option in their bakery- a two-tiered Wellsley Farms cake! the two-tier cake features a five-inch round cake stacked on top of a 10-inch round cake. Available in a gold cake with a smooth and creamy vanilla buttercream icing, the tiered cakes are an affordable $29.99 and can serve 40 or more guests. Is that a deal or what? and kids will love when you top off their slice of cake with a scoop of Breyers Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream.
4. Food: Keep it simple. Some children will only eat what they’re familiar with so play it safe and stock up on snacks and light bites like chicken tenders. Dino Buddies All Natural Chicken Tenders are 100% All Natural Chicken Nuggets and are made with white meat only and contains no preservatives. Keep healthy snacks on hand for picky eaters like Wellsley Farms Hummus singles as a dip with Wellsley Farms Baby Carrots and always have popcorn as a backup! Wellsley Farms White Cheddar Popcorn comes in a 16 oz. bag that will feed your crowd. This salty snack is made with real cheddar cheese and contains no artificial ingredients or preservatives. You can turn your party from disco to movie night! and for drinks remember that juice boxes are your friend! try Capri Sun Roaring Waters and save on cups by providing juice boxes.
5. Decor: Buy themed napkins, tablecloth and plates to add as decor! at BJ’s Wholesale Club you can purchase Artstyle Balloon Themed 10” Plates, Artstyle Balloon Themed Napkins (120 ct.), and Artstyle Balloon Themed Tablecloth 3 pk. for $6.99 each but you can add glitz with “silver” Berkley Jensen Cutlery.
My BJ’s Shopping List:
- Wellsley Farms Two-Tier Cake
- Dino Buddies All Natural Chicken Tenders
- Wellsley Farms Hummus Singles
- Wellsley Farms White Cheddar Popcorn
- Capri Sun Roaring Waters
- Breyers 64 oz. Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream
- Artstyle Balloon Themed 10” Plates
- Artstyle Balloon Themed Napkins 120 ct.
- Artstyle Balloon Themed Tablecloth 3 pk.
- Berkley Jensen Cutlery
- Check for coupons! BJ’s Wholesale Club makes it simple with In-club coupons + clipless coupons
- Be your own DJ! Make a party playlist so there won’t be any awkward pauses.
- Host kid parties from 1:00-4:00pm as it lets you serve cake and light snacks because it’s after lunch and close to dinner time.
- Serve food that you don’t have to worry about cutting.
- Indicate a start and end time to a party so parents know when it’s time to go or pick up their children.
- Make a smores bar or cookie decorations table. Kids love to get messy!
Everything you need is at BJ’s Wholesale Club! don’t have a BJ’s membership? BJ’s is still offering a Free 90 Day Membership running now through December 31.
To order a Wellsley Farms two-tiered cake, visit any BJ’s Wholesale Club bakery and fill out an order form. Orders placed within 24-hour notice are preferred. To find the closest BJ’s Club, visit http://www.bjs.com/locations
To check out all the MORE BJ’s has to offer, visit http://www.BJs.com and for exclusive content find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
*Disclosure: I am a BJ’s Wholesale Club Ambassador. For full disclosure visit the about section.