The holidays are just around the corner. For me, it’s my time to shine in the kitchen! it’s when I gather up my friends and family with what Fall has to offer. From the decor, cocktails, and food, your menu should be filled with this season’s best ingredients like Pomegranate!
Think of all the possibilities when cooking with POM Wonderful Pomegranate. Who knew this delicious fruit packed with so many health benefits can be blended into so many recipes! Check out my POM Wonderful inspired Holiday Menu.
Time to Table: 5 minutes
2 oz. POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice, 1 to 2 slices of fresh jalapeño, 1 1⁄2 oz. Aviation Gin Club Soda, Twist of lime
1. In an old-fashioned glass muddle a slice of jalapeño.
2. Pour in 2 oz. of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate juice and 1 1⁄2 oz. Aviation Gin, add ice and stir.
3. Top with a splash of club soda and a twist of lime.
Servings: 1 Time to Table: 5 minutes
6 oz. POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice, 10 large leaves of fresh mint, 1⁄8 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt, 2 tablespoons POM POMS Fresh Arils
1. In a tall glass muddle 10 large leaves of fresh mint and 1⁄8 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt.
2. Pour in 6 oz. of POM 100% Pomegranate Juice and 2-oz of water. Stir to dissolve the salt.
3. Add ice and garnish with a fresh mint sprig and POM POMS Fresh Arils.
2 ripe avocados, skin and pit removed, zest and juice of 1 lime, 1 small red onion, finely chopped, 1 large jalapeño pepper, deseeded and finely chopped, 1 garlic clove, minced kosher salt to taste, 1/2 cup POM POMS Fresh Arils tortilla chips or pita chips
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mash the avocado and mix in the lime zest and juice, red onion, jalapeño, garlic. Season to taste with salt. Stir in the pomegranate seeds and serve with tortilla or pita chips.
Moroccan Shrimp with POM POMs
Servings:10 for appetizer or 4 servings for the main course
Time to Table: 1 hour
- 1 qt (4 cups) POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 1⁄2 cup POM POM arils
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups (4 oz) baby arugula
1. In a pot over high heat, stir together POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice, sugar and lemon juice until sugar dissolves. Boil until liquid thickens and is reduced to 1 cup, about 45 min.
2. Meanwhile, toss shrimp with cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt and olive oil and stir to coat.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 min per side until pink and opaque. Brush shrimp with sauce and place on top of arugula on a platter, or serve arugula on the side tossed with lemon juice and olive oil. Top shrimp and arugula with POM POMS for serving. Pour extra sauce into a small dish for dipping.
Fresh Mozzarella, Pomegranate and Basil Bruschetta
TIME TO TABLE: 25 minutes
Degree of Difficulty Easy
- 2 cups juice from POM Wonderful Pomegranates (or 2 cups POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice)
- 3-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Thai chili, split
- 1/2 cup arils from POM Wonderful Pomegranates (or 1/2 cup POM POMS Fresh Arils)
- 2 lbs. fresh mozzarella or bocconcini (fresh mozzarella balls)
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh basil leaves 8 pieces
- sourdough bread sliced 1/2″ thick
Preparation POM Syrup:
1. Prepare fresh pomegranate juice, if necessary.*
2. Combine pomegranate juice, sugar, and Thai chili in a pot. Reduce until sweet and sour flavors are balanced and it is thick in consistency.
3. Strain through a fine strainer.
1. Prepare fresh pomegranate arils, if necessary.**
2. Drizzle olive oil on both sides of sliced sourdough. Grill until toasted on both sides.
3. Season mozzarella with salt and black pepper, and drizzle with olive oil and POM Syrup. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and 1 tablespoon arils per serving.
4. Serve with a piece of grilled sourdough bread. *For 2 cups of juice, cut 4–6 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
**To prepare fresh arils, score 1 large POM Wonderful Pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate underwater to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
POM POM Taco Bites
servings: 10 (makes about 30 bites)
Time to Table: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup POM POMS Fresh Arils
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle in adobo
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- Whole grain tortilla chips
- 2 fresh jalapenos thinly sliced
- Cotija cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Shred enough chicken to make 2 cups.
- In a mixing bowl combine the adobo, lime, honey, and salsa. Add the chicken and mix to coat.
- Place about a tablespoon of meat mixture onto each chip. Top with POM POMS Fresh Arils, a slice of jalapeno and crumbled cotija cheese if desired.
Nicole’s POM POMs Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup POM POMS Fresh Pomegranate Arils
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced chicken
- 4 cups mixed greens (I like a little arugula mixed in)
Directions: Combine all ingredients, add dressing, toss, mix in dressing serve over greens.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/4 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 tablespoon mustard
- pinch of salt
Combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously.
POM POMS-Stuffed Quinoa Squash
Time to Table: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 cup POM POMS Fresh Arils, plus more for garnish
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 1⁄2 cups quartered Brussels sprouts
- 1 1⁄2 cups wedged onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced eggplant
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry quinoa
1. Heat oven to 400F. Microwave acorn squash until soft enough to cut, about 15 minutes. Cut in half stem to tip, and scrape out seeds. Place on a roasting pan and place on the upper third rack of the oven. Roast until tender, about 40 min. 2. Meanwhile, toss together the Brussels sprouts, onions, eggplant, mushrooms, olive oil,
2. Meanwhile, toss together the Brussels sprouts, onions, eggplant, mushrooms, olive oil, salt and pepper and spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Place on the lower third rack of the oven under the acorn squash. Roast until tender, about 35 min.
3. Toss roasted vegetables with quinoa, feta, POM POMS Fresh Arils and half of the red wine vinaigrette. Spoon into acorn squash. Sprinkle with extra POM POMS Fresh Arils and serve extra vinaigrette.
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped 4 tablespoons olive oil Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Whisk together 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper, 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped thyme and 4 tablespoons olive oil.
POM POMS & PARMESAN CAULIFLOWER
Time to Table: 50 minutes
1/2 cup POM POMS Fresh Arils
2 head cauliflower
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup chopped flat-leafed parsley
- Heat oven to 400 F. Wash and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- In a blow, toss together the cauliflower, olive oil, parmesan,salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and roast, until cauliflower begins to turn golden. about 35 minutes, turning with a spatula half way though.
- Serve on a platter topped with POM POMS Fresh Arils and Parsley.
Roasted Salmon with POM POMS Salsa
Time to Table: 30 minutes
- 1 cup POM POMS Fresh Arils
- 1 3⁄4 lbs (28-oz) salmon filet
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. Heat broiler to high with rack 6 inches below broiler. Season salmon with sea salt and pepper. Place salmon on a foil-lined pan and broil until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Stir together the POM POMS Fresh Arils, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt. Spoon salsa over salmon to serve.
Additional serving suggestion:
Spoon POM POMS Salsa on top of toasted baguette slices to make a bruschetta appetizer.
Whole Wheat Waffles with POM POMS
Time to Table: 30 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups POM POMS Fresh Arils
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup honey
1. Heat waffle iron. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Mix together the milk, egg yolks, and oil. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to firm peaks. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients then fold in the
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter on the waffle iron for each waffle. Cook until golden and crispy. Place on a cooling rack immediately after removing from the waffle iron. Top waffles with POM POMS Fresh Arils, yogurt, and drizzle with honey.
To learn more about POM Wonderful products, recipes or where to buy visit http://www.pomwonderful.com/
*Disclosure: This sponsored post was made possible thanks to Momtrends and POM Wonderful.