After that snow storm that kept my family in this entire weekend, this NYC Mama needs to escape! the kids deserve it and my husband and I can use a quick getaway. Living in New York City has so many perks. Not only is there so much to do in the city that never sleeps but a great escape is only a car ride away! no airport lines for us!
Whether we’re looking for a simple family vacation, the Poconos is the place to be! Especially at Kalahari Resorts where there’s always something for the whole family when you need a quick getaway. Kalahari Resort & Conventions are all-under-one-roof vacation destinations that have plenty of wet-and-dry play activities for guests of all ages.
The guest experience is about to get even more exciting! As of March 2017, Kalahari Resorts and Conventions’ Poconos Mountains location will be home to America’s Largest Indoor Water park! Boasting a total 220,000 square feet of attractions, the expanded water park will feature 8 thrilling new slides, a wave pool, and a relaxing island cabana for guests to call home while they splash the day away. The resort will also double the number of beautifully appointed rooms to permit for groups of all sizes, increase dry-play activities and welcome Double Cut – Kalahari’s signature steakhouse experience, Sortino’s Italian Kitchen and Marrakesh Market to enhance on-site dining choices.
New Attractions Include:
- Screaming Hyena: A trap-door start that drops into a near-vertical plunge at up to 25 mph
- Sahara Sidewinder: An indoor looping water slide that takes guests on a 250-plus-foot journey
- “The Smoke That Thunders” and Victoria Falls: Named after the natural wonder of the world located in southern Africa, it will provide unforgettable water slide experiences
- Kenya’s Korkscrew : Zig-zag slide
- Zig-Zag Zebra: Tunnel slide
- Cheetah Race Mat Slide: Challenge your friends to see who gets down the hill fastest
- Elephant’s Trunk
- Dungeons of Hout Bay Wave pool
- Lazy River Expansion
- Coral Cove Kids’ Play Area
- Additional Swim-Up Bar and the Paxton Grotto
- Cabana Island to offer guests a prime location to call home while they splash the day away!
- Pennsylvania’s largest indoor water park (100,00 sq. ft.)
- 30,000-sq.-ft. Family Entertainment center – arcade games, Laser Tag, Black light Mini-Golf and More!
- Gorilla Grove Treetop Outdoor Aerial Adventure Park
- Kalahari Fitness and Training Center
- Spa Kalahari
Additional Amenities to Enhance the Beyond-Expectations Guest Experience. 520 rooms, which brings the resort total to nearly 1,000 guest rooms including two new styles exclusive to the Poconos and an additional Kalahari Fitness and Training Center.
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions in the Pocono Mountains is now open! visit Kalahari Resorts to learn more or to book your stay!