Summer is here and for pet moms like me, that means I have to be extra careful with my rescue dog Bella. Not only do I have to take extra precautions with the heat of summer but there’s a lot more noise than she’s used to which terrifies her. There are the sounds of motorcycles, landscapers, thunderstorms and her least favorite … fireworks!
Last summer our Bella ran away when she heard fireworks from afar. Lucky for us she was found hours later but for many families, their ending is not always a happy one. Did you know that more than 70 million dogs experience anxiety at some point in their lives, with 24 million suffering regular anxiety issues? Common symptoms include hiding, inappropriate urination, digging, chewing, vocalizing, pinned ears, panting, trembling and more.
The new Petmate CALMZ® Anxiety Relief System for dogs combines high-tech innovation with acupressure in a revolutionary non-invasive, drug-free treatment that soothes anxiety. The innovative system comes complete with an adjustable Comfort Fit Vest that cradles a device over specific acupressure points on your dog’s spine. When the device is activated, the clinically proven NeuroSync Technology® takes over. Your dog will hear and feel a therapeutic blend of classical musical tones, and vibration.
Here’s how it works:
- During stress events, dogs have decreased blood flow in the frontal cortex – the processing area of the brain.
- Stimulating blood flow improves neural firing and communication with the spine and the brain, thus relieving anxiety.
The system features:
- Eight preprogrammed treatment settings, consisting of vibration intensity, duration and repeat cycle variations
- One Comfort Fit Vest and one device
- No prescriptions, no drugs, no edibles, no refills or veterinarian visits required
- Comes in XS-XL to fit dogs of all sizes
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included)
- MSRP $129.00
The system has been tested by leading veterinary behaviorists and delivered proven results. In fact, 91 percent of veterinarians and veterinary behaviorists would recommend the Calmz Anxiety Relief System.
So how did CALMZ® Anxiety Relief System work for my super anxious Bella? Well, it’s safe to say that it worked a miracle! she was a little fussy on Day 1 because she hates wearing anything on her body but by the end of the night, she was showing signs of comfort. By day 3, I was able to leave her alone and uncaged to run errands with no poopy messes all around the floor. Although I will be keeping Bella indoors for the 4th of July, I’m glad she’s getting use to CALMZ before the fireworks.
For more information on how CALMZ works please visit calmz.com and watch the instructional video.