As much as I love the way the sun feels on my skin, it can take a toll on my body. From heat and humidity, if you’re not treating your skin right, it’s going to show. Here are some of my favorites products I’ve been using this summer as well some of my easy solutions you can follow too.
1. Exfoliate – You don’t really want to know how much skin you shed a day. If you don’t scrub your skin during the week, eventually your skin will stay looking dry. Scrub dead skin away in the shower at least 2-3 times a week.
2. Sunscreen – Use a sunscreen that has UVA and UVB and comes in SPF 30 and SPF 70. You should be using a shot glass full for your body and a full teaspoon just on your face. Reapply it every 1-2 hours that you are in the sun to ensure a summer full of safe sun fun.
3. Hydrate – Oils and Serums are light and perfect for your Summer glow. Make sure you apply right after you dry off from your shower. You need to seal in the moisture your body just soaked in.
4. Skip the make-up – During summers less make-up is best. Under the intolerant sun, natural looks are best. If you intend to use foundation then also apply face powder with SPF to avoid patchy skin. To protect your lips always use a gloss or a lip balm with an SPF of 15 to make your lips fresher. Eye make is something which should be very much avoided in summers.
My Favorite Beauty Products To Hydrate Skin
From body creams, oils, and serums here’s a list of my favorite go to summer products!
- Amande Almond Milk Concentrate Sephora.com $50.00
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Sephora.com $52.00
- Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum drdennisgross.com $68.00
- Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer bumbleandbumble.com $28.00
- MDSolarSciences Daily Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 30 Sephora.com $68.00
What are your favorite products during the hot days of summer? Check out my DIY Beauty Board on Pinterest for more tips https://www.pinterest.com/3citygirlsnyc/diy-beauty/