For lots of New York City Moms, your back-to-school schedule is back into full swing. Here in that Public School life, we have plenty of summer left to shop around for back to school deals.
The kids and I don’t enjoy shopping for supplies but what we do love is shopping for the cutest back to school gear, fashion, and accessories. Especially Backpacks and Lunchboxes! It’s their way of expressing their style and one of the many items that have to last all year long. From bright colors to patterns and cute prints, the choices can be endless. Here are my kids top 4 choices to help get you inspired! (from left to right)
Staples Kids Backpack 16″ Foxes $20
- 600D polyester with fox fashion patterns
- Padded adjustable shoulder straps
- Front zipper pocket
- Two interior mesh compartments
- Fits up to 16″ wide laptops
PB Teen Gear-Up Garden Party Floral Backpack $50
- Features roomy pockets inside and out to help keep you organized.
- Includes an MP3 holder with a port for headphone wires so you can take your music with you.
- Two front zipper pockets feature an ID holder, plus a spot for your school supplies.
- Includes two D-rings, placed in the front and back, to hold your keys, water bottle, or lunch bag.
- Includes a front bungee cord for holding your coat.
- Cinch mesh pocket on each side is perfect for holding a water bottle and features drawstring ties.
Loungefly Star Wars Baby Character Aop Print Backpack $38
- Star wars baby character all over pattern backpack
- 18.8 x 14.5 x 2.5 inches
- Color: Multi
VANS Leila Realm Backpack $38
- Vans Leila Realm Backpack.
- Women’s backpack.
- Exclusive Vans collaboration with pro surfer and non-profit advocate Leila Hurst.
- Allover printed floral pattern.
- Made with soft durable cotton canvas.
- Vans brand patch at front.
- Contrast front zip pocket.
- Large zip container.
- Padded back panel and shoulder straps.
- Dimensions: 16.75 inches (L) x 12.75 inches x 4.75 inches (D) inches.
- Shell: 100% Cotton canvas.
CUTE AND COLORFUL LUNCHBOXES AND GEAR
(from left to right)
The Mighty Stash Pack™ – is a simple & efficient lunch packing solution. It’s an affordable lunch bag that makes packing lunch cool, fun and convenient. The latest design from the inventor of the “Mighty Wallet“, Terrence Kelleman. $10.95
Thermos® FUNTAINER Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle CRCKT Happy Faces Pattern – 12oz – Constructed with durable stainless steel and Thermos vacuum insulation, this bottle keeps beverages cold for up to hours. It features an integrated carrying loop and hygienic push button lid that is easy to open with a spout that is comfortable to drink from. $13 Target.com
CamelBak® Eddy® Kids’ Celestial Unicorn 12oz Water Bottle – Purple/Pink – The CamelBak Kids’ eddy® water bottle features a spill-resistant design and fun graphics to keep you and your kids happy. Stain-resistant and taste-free Tritan is 100% Free of BPA, BPS and BPF. Just the Right Bite: Combining the patented CamelBak Big Bite Valve with a stem tube and shut-off valve, this detachable one-piece component is simple for kids to use and simple for parents to clean. $12 Target.com
Purple 1050ML Owl Shape Leakproof Bento Lunch Box with 2 section Tray food-safe Plastic Food Picnic Container Portable Box – Durable, cute, and easy to clean plus you can’t beat that price! $6 Walmart.com
TWELVElittle Lunch Bag – The Courage Lunch Bag is made with fully insulated interior to keep food cool or warm. It is designed to match with our Big Kid Backpack, and you can loop the adjustable strap through the metal D-ring on the backpack to keep them together. $29.00 twelvelittle.com
Simple Back to School Lunch Ideas + Tips!
As busy Moms, we know all too well the importance of planning ahead to save time. I’m not a morning Mom and my kids are total cranks. I have ZERO energy and the last thing I want to do is whip up two lunches for two cranky girls!
So, let’s make this simple. Prepare your kid’s lunches for the week. Either pack their lunchboxes before bed or store individually wrapped snacks into ziploc bags so they can grab what they like and go! Also, when preparing lunch remember to:
- Choose a protein
- Choose a fruit
- Choose a vegetable
- Choose a snack
- Choose a drink
Need a little kitchen inspiration? Try these kid friendly lunches with options that range from crust-free to bite-sized snacks inspired by OZ Bakery recipes. I’ve tried these mini snacks out myself and trust me when I say that your kids will be excited to see what’s on their menu! like Oz Bakery mini pizza’s or Bento Box Sliders!
And one last tip …
Use labels like mine from Namebubbles.com to not only help label your kid’s lunchboxes but these gold write-on labels are the perfect way to organize anything in your home. Making back to school organization a lot easier. You can even use your labels to write daily lunch notes to your kids! (pen and pencil included too!)
What are your favorite back to school tips to save time and money? Share your tips below!